Sunday, April 4, 2010

Fun and Food Village.........

It is that time of the year again when Boss is far far away across continents and taking advantage of the fact the lab-mice (us...the poor tortured souls of students)are free to dare to step outside the institute premises. Okay okay......I don't mean that literally :P
I miss the old IISc lab-gang where it was mandatory to leave for a short trip/trek the night boss decided to fly away. I had a great time for the first three years of my PhD. But I am sorry to say that the current lab group is soooooooooo lazy and un-enthu that I have almost forgotten how much fun these trips are and can be.......
Last week I floated the idea of a one-day outing (long weekend...would have preferred a short trip outside delhi...a trek or something...but definitely no takers for that!!) and got about 12 people to visit this amusement park near delhi-gurgaon highway....the Fun and Food Village.....
Guess what...by the eve of the outing when I was giving out the deadline for taxi-bookings...the number had fallen down to a measly 5 people!!
I was in half a mind to cancel it out but then thought...what the heck......the 5 of us might as well go and have fun....opportunities such as this do not come everyday!!
And I am glad that we did go...... of course every trip has to start with me hitting a temporary red zone.......WHY CAN'T PEOPLE EVER BE ON TIME!!!..... I H.A.T.E waiting and also at the same time keeping someone else (here the taxi-waala) waiting. But the moment the journey starts ...all is forgiven and forgotten.....probably just because there is this thankfulness ki we are actually now having a trip? Anyway.....we did manage to reach quite early while the amusement park was not so crowded. It was a good place....lots of water rides and a big wave pool. Plus points for the water rides...minus points for not having the dry rides open before lunch. Plus points for providing swimwear at nominal rates...minus points for the tiny lockers. I am a water baby :) and had a great time splashing around...so did the others.... 3-4 hrs in water and of course we were exhausted and hungry.... the food zone though limited in variety made up for it in its taste (I do wonder though if it would have tasted as good if we weren't so famished :P anyway....it did serve its purpose well at the time required..so no complaints there). There was this mini-water bar kind of place in the lazy river zone which became our niche post-lunch ......simply floating there and chatting away......we dared not try out the rides for the fear of emptying out our meals :P !! The dry rides were limited but ok ...the Columbus was good and the hooting was the fun part....but as is always the case...once you have spent so much time playing in water you get really tired and don't enjoy other rides much....that's why I prefer to get over with the dry rides first and then enter the wet-zone. Was a fun-day overall :)
May have been my last "lab-trip"....not too sure....secretly wish it is and I leave soon.... :P

2 comments:

Rahul Tyagi said...

pics dekhi facebook pe.. khoob masti ki.. :) too many pics with the statues etc, not nearly enough with rides though..

Garima said...

Problem 1: camera gets wet in rides
Problem 2: a few that are there are not meant for public display...censored :P....will upload to you separately :)