Monday, April 19, 2010

Forgotten tune........

Was listening to some albums from Rahul's ARR-Tamil collection today when for no reason at all I felt like listening to "Indian". I think because a few days back we were discussing the funny lyrics of the songs "telephone dhun" and "latka" in the hindi version that I felt like listening to them again. The tunes lingering uppermost in my mind were obviously the most famous ones...the above two and "maya machindra" :P :D
And then this song started playing in the list.....



I was totally caught by surprise!!!!! :)
and a nice one too...........

I had completely forgotten that this song belonged to this movie and such a wonderful one too.....!! I can't remember the last time I heard songs from this album and as is with most things they had buried themselves deep down somewhere in my brain. But maybe not quite..... for the first few seconds of the song "tandaa na re taaa naa re aananda-maye" (and ONLY that part) used to sometimes out of the blue re-surface in my mind subconsciously. I used to hum this and then try to remember where I had heard this music piece and not quite place it ..... perhaps in some music class? friend's recital? movie? couldn't place it.... and as stealthily as it used to re-surface, with equal discretion it used to go back in :)
As soon as this part played today I was like....oh WOW...this is THAT music!! and the moment the beats of the song started I was even more astounded.....it is THIS SONG!! how did I forget!! :D :D Loved listening to it again sooooo much today that rest songs were all forgotten.....play-repeat-play-repeat..... :D and here's the post :)
I don't catch properly the lyrics of any song that I hear the first time (also true for several other times too) and it is the music that catches my ear and what really plays in my mind when a song plays. It is perhaps for this reason that I sometimes like several songs which have completely useless/absurd lyrics but wonderful music (at least I find it nice :) ). Precisely for that reason I loved hearing this song today in its original form (don't know what it means :P) and not the hindi version (who's lyrics I have forgotten). The "feel" of the song is good....its great :)
Listening to it for the umpteenth time while writing this :)

No comments: