Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ishqiya......lovely start for 2010

Yesterday I finally got time to listen to some new songs ...... Ishqiya (recommended by Rahul), My Name Is Khan, Chance pe Dance and Pyaar Impossible. AND I am so glad for Ishqiya.......it is simply the best album....door door tak no comparison at all!!
4 songs.....each with a class of its own. I have already listened to the album 6 or 7 times (ok...that may not seem a lot to some...:P but considering the time i get to actually listen to them 6-7 times in 2 days is good).

Dil toh Bachcha Hai Ji: This song has a wonderful waltz feeling to it. I can't help but dance around in my room like I am in a ballroom :) Close your eyes...and the music takes you to the era with large halls...tuxedos and flowing gowns....I guess watching the song in the movie will change how i perceive the song later...but filhaal...I am loving this wonderful feeling of flowing across the hall :) plus the flamenco-like clapping beats gives it a very beautiful latino rhythm. Music ke baare mein zyada pata nahin.....but all i can say that it is a wonderful song and rahat fateh ali khan has done a wonderful job with the vocals.



Ibn-e-batuta: Well..... 3 days ago Rahul asked me if i knew who Ibn Batuta was....and I didn't know...nor had i heard the song!! Now I know who Abu Abdullah Muhammad Ibn Abdullah Al Lawati Al Tanji Ibn Battuta is :D (thanks to Wikipedia) and have also listened to the song which is clearly the most lovable song in the first hearing of the album. It is a complete FUN song!! I can't help but gyrate to its foot-tapping music....hats off to Vishal and Gulzar! Plus I must say that this is the first time that I have listened to a Mika song in its entirety and several times too!!!! :D Well...that goes to show what wonders the "right" kind of opportunities can do (that is not exactly how i want to put it...but can't think of better words... :P ) Sukhwinder has as usual done a great job ( i love 80% of his songs) :)
Here you go...phurrrrrrrrrr :D



Ab Mujhe Koi: Hearing this songs makes me feel that i am in some "Mehfil" with a live performance going on. The subdued music and smooth vocals gives it a very soothing feel. A very enchanting romantic song....the guitar piece in the middle of the song is simply beautiful!! A perfect choice for listening on a quiet evening in your cosy den with the special someone :)



Badi Dheere Jali: One of my favourite genres of music......classical-fusion!! Rekha has done a delightful rendition!!! The song has a certain erotic feel to it....dimly lit atmosphere in a golden glow....and silhouettes....oooh :) I love the way the song gradually fades towards the end.....leaving so much to imagination.



Once you hear such lovely songs.....the idea of remixes is off-putting. It is definitely the case with the Ibn-e-batuta remixes....but i must say that the "dil to bachcha hai ji" remix is not all that bad! Clinton Cerejo has done a good job of not spoiling the rhythm of the song while adding the remix flavor. It is definitely hearable and the other two definitely skippable :P

Overall.....a wonderful album which will stay on my playlist for a long time!

2 comments:

Rahul Tyagi said...

welcome! try to keep the motivation up... if you feel that it takes a lot of time to write something 'substantial' then remember that substantial is optional. :) write something even if it is small... and see if you can find people who might be interested in reading it (other than me, of course!) :)

you might want to write one line each about those other new albums too! :)

Unknown said...

hmm...........well this is the first time i am reading someone's blog i spent the most time with. guess u expect to know their reactions (in terms of their likes and dislikes. but i must admit, reading ur comments on each of the songs has really compelled me to listen to the entire album. and its a great compellation (i guess the word is rite, as i feel too lazy to check it up), nonetheless its for people close to me.
great work gammo............three cheers for you..........love you

p.s. should i also start one :), will think about it.

waiting for more of ur beautiful writing.(really not buttering OK, so dont laugh)