Friday, July 2, 2010

'Un Certain Regard’

First-time director Vikramaditya Motwane’s film Udaan was part of "Un Certain Regard" at the Cannes Film Festival this year and was the only Indian film at the festival. Now that's great accomplishment. The story, that of a young Rohan, who was in a boarding school for 8 yrs and has now returned to his strict father and half-brother in Jamshedpur, is written by both Vikramaditya Motwane and Anurag Kashyap. The music is by Amit Trivedi. Have not heard it yet, but have heard some good reviews about it. Going by Amit's past record, I think i'll like this one :)

Here are some posters of the movie, which are quite well done in my opinion.







And, I quite liked what I saw in the trailer too. Considering that this movie made it to Cannes, I guess that was to be expected ;) :)
It releases here in 2 weeks' time...and I am looking forward to it. hopefully by then my thesis will be almost done and I can watch it without any guilt ;)

Have a look....




Ok UPDATE....these you must listen to :)

the THEME SONG... (video in 5:40 mins long but the song is actually only 2:47min)



and this one....

1 comment:

Rahul Tyagi said...

dekhna... should be good...